Joan Gelfand Creative Writing Scholarship
- This scholarship will be awarded for the SPRING 2023 semester.
- Awarding Department: Creative Writing Department
- Scholarship Intent: To inspire success in publication through student support, this scholarship shall be open to undergraduates who have completed introductory writing courses and at least one semester.
1.) Open to Creative Writing BA undergraduate students who have completed at least one
semester and introductory writing courses.
2.) Students must be currently enrolled, full-time.
3.) Applicants must supply a writing sample (either 3-5 poems, 5 pages
of fiction, or 5 pages of a play or manuscript).
4.) Scholarships shall be open to all regardless of immigration status.
- Major: Creative Writing BA
- Class Level: Other: Student who have completed at least 1 semester and introductory writing courses.
- Enrollment Status: Continuing and entering students
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad:* 12; Grad: * N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: No
- Citizenship: Any
- Minimum GPA: No minimum GPA required
- Contact Person: Department of Creative Writing
- Campus Address: Humanities 573
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132-4011
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1891
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: Department of Creative Writing
- Amount of Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an undergraduate Creative Writing major who will be enrolled full time in Spring 2023? (if not, you are not eligible for this scholarship)
- By Spring 2023 will you have completed at least 1 semester and introductory writing courses?
- Upload a creative writing sample, (either 3-5 poems, 5 pages of fiction, or 5 pages of a play or manuscript as a pdf or doc file.