Ida Sweeney LeBlanc Scholarship
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Scholarship awarded for the Spring semester
Awarding Department: Counseling
Scholarship Intent: Scholarship awarded to Counseling Graduate students who have a demonstrated history of work with African Americans and who show promise in future work with African Americans.
1) Must demonstrate track record of service to African Americans. Demonstration of track record of service to African Americans by: verified counseling, counseling related, human service, employment, or participation in civic organizations that specifically promote the well-being of African Americans.
2) Enrolled for a minimum of 6 units in the semester when being considered for the award.
3) Must have completed a minimum of 1 semester in the program with a grade point average of no less than 3.0.
4) Each scholarship shall be for a period of one year, and any additional scholarship to a student shall be granted only upon a reapplication by the student.
5) Personal statement describing how their post-master’s experiences will continue to directly serve African Americans.
Major: Multiple: Counseling
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad SF State GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: Dept. of Counseling
Campus Address: BH 524
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415)338-2005
Web page: http://counseling.sfsu.edu/content/awards-and-scholarships
Number of Awards: varies