Dr. Herbert Zettl Endowment Scholarship
Liberal and Creative Arts
Scholarship awarded for the Fall semester
- Awarding Department: BECA
- Scholarship Intent: The purpose of this award is to recognize the long-term contribution of Dr. Herbert Zettl to the Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts (BECA) Department by providing financial assistance to two students who are majoring in BECA and have reached the senior year of their baccalaureate degree program. Award intends to honor the student recipients for the high quality of their academic achievement in the BECA department and provide the opportunity for them to devote full time creative energy to the study and advancement of the art of broadcast and electronic communication in the senior year.
1) Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2) Candidate must submit an essay of no more than seven hundred (700) words that describes their academic and career goals in a specific area of interest in the broadcast communications arts; the topics of extra-curricular/volunteer work and financial need also may be included.
3) Candidates must submit one (1) recommendation of their academics and/or extracurricular work written by a SF State BECA faculty member or off-campus supervisor.
- Major: BECA
- Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Senior; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: BECA Department
- Campus Address: MH 339
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1787
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://beca.sfsu.edu
- Number of Awards: 2
- Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript.
- Will you be enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester?
- In under 700 words total, please briefly discuss: 1. What are your main areas of focus in the BECA major (theory/research; news; radio/podcasting; sports broadcasting; scriptwriting; audio production/design; video production/design; documentary; interactive/online media; other)? 2. What would you like to get out of the BECA program (career preparation, graduate-school preparation, creative skills, etc.) and how do you plan to put your knowledge into practice after you graduate? 3. What has been your strongest contribution to the BECA community? This could be related to your coursework, participation in classes, contributions to group projects, projects achieved on your own, participation in department organizations and events, etc. 4. Your financial need and how this scholarship will support your goals.
- Confidential Letter of Recommendation 1