Pone Forgivable Loan/Scholarship
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Awarding Department: School of Music
- Scholarship Intent: Assist students majoring in music by defraying educational expenses. Special provisions allow recipients who complete their music degree at SF State in a timely manner with an above-average grade point average and a high level of musical achievement to have their Pone loan forgiven.
1) Applicants must audition for the School of Music scholarship committee.
2) Applicants must have a record of high academic and musical achievement.
3) Recipients who continue as music majors at SF State and who maintain satisfactory academic and musical progress are eligible to reapply annually.
4) Students may apply to borrow a minimum of $400 up to a maximum of $4,000 for one academic year.
5) Students may not borrow more than $20,000 over the course of their studies.
6) Students will be required to repay funds if the student is no longer a music major at SF State, withdraws from SF State without an approved leave of absence or the student changes to a different music degree program or emphasis without scholarship committee approval.
- Major: Single: Music
- Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: FULL-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: 3.0; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: School of Music
- Campus Address: CA 141
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 405-4109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: http://music.sfsu.edu
- Number of Awards: varies