Jon S Galehouse Endowed Scholarship in Earth Sciences
Science and Engineering
Scholarship will be awarded next academic year 2022-2023. The scholarship winner(s) will be invited to and strongly encouraged to attend the Donor Recognition and Scholarship Award Dinner in November 2022.
Current Juniors and Seniors who will be enrolled in 6 units in the Fall of 2022 are encouraged to apply.
- Awarding Department: Earth & Climate Sciences
- Scholarship Intent: The intent of the scholarship is to support an undergraduate student who is enrolled in a BS program in the Department of Earth & Climate Sciences and has senior standing.
1) Applicants must be enrolled in BS program in Earth & Climate Sciences and senior standing or will have senior standing a the time of the award.
2) Applicants should submit a one page essay that describes their interest in their ongoing education in SF State’s Department of Earth & Climate Sciences and explains their financial need.
3) The selection committee will take into account the candidates academic potential and commitment to complete a degree in the department.
- Major: Multiple: Any BS program in Earth & Climate Sciences
- Class Level: Undergrad: Junior, Senior; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 6 UNITS; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Earth & Climate Sciences
- Campus Address: TH 509
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-2061
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://tornado.sfsu.edu/
- Number of Awards: varies
- 1-2 awards, $2500 each
- Earth and Climate Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay - Maximum 1 page. Please include the following topics: 1. Career and educational goals. 2. Discuss your academic record. If there have been major changes in your grades while you've been at SF State, please give us some context for interpreting the changes. 3. Financial need.
- Upload a PDF of an unofficial current copy of your SFSU academic transcript