Design and Industry Scholarship
College of Liberal and Creative Arts-School of Design
Scholarship awarded for the Spring Semester.
- Awarding Department: School of Design
- Scholarship Intent: To support deserving Visual Communication Design (BSVCD) students in need of financial support in their senior year in The School of Design at San Francisco State University
1. Students will supply self-reported financial need in their personal statement.
- Major: Single; Visual Communication Design Majors (BSVCD)
- Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Senior or Post-Baccalaureate; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State Student
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 3 UNITS; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Required
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Rosa Valencia
- Campus Address: Fine Arts 121
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-2211
- Email: Design@sfsu.edu
- Web page: https://design.sfsu.edu/scholarships-0.htm
Number of Awards: varies
Amount of Awards: varies
Award Term: Spring Only
- School of Design
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a 7-Page Portfolio - Please upload a 7 page portfolio showing 3 Vis Com projects (2 pages per project, one showing process and one showing final outcome) plus 1 cover page. The cover page will include the student’s name, email, address and phone number. PDF upload only. Naming protocol is LastName_FI.pdf (ex: Hulick_M.pdf).
- Submit One School of Design Faculty Recommendation - Contact your reference provider to ask if they are available and to inform them of the date to submit; recommendation must be on letterhead and signed. Naming Protocol is ApplicantLastName_ApplicantFI_Rec.pdf (Hulick_M_Rec.pdf)
- Will you be Senior standing in the incoming Fall semester?