Graduate Dean's Award
Scholarship awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year
Awarding Department: Division of Graduate Studies
Scholarship Intent: To provide incentives and opportunities to San Francisco State University undergraduate seniors and undergraduate alumni to enroll in a master’s degree program at SF State University.
1) Current SF State undergraduate seniors and undergraduate alumni who have applied to an SF State’s master’s degree program.
2) Two letters of recommendation from San Francisco State University faculty.
3) A 250-500 word essay describing why the student has selected a master’s program at San Francisco State University.
4) Applicants must enroll as a matriculated graduate student in a minimum of six units toward the degree for the award period.
5) Applicants enrolled as an undergraduate in the SF State Scholars Program (blended bachelor’s/master’s) are not eligible until they enroll as a matriculated graduate student in the award period.
Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating senior, SF State Undergraduate Alumni; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering graduate student
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad SF State GPA: 3.3; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Division of Graduate Studies
Campus Address: ADM 250
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-2235
Number of Awards: Varies
- up to $2,000
- Graduate Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an SF State current undergraduate student applying to an SF State graduate degree program?
- Are you an SF State undergraduate alumni applying to an SF State graduate degree program?
- Have you maintained a GPA of at least 3.3 in your undergraduate work?
- Essay: 250 to 500 words describing what makes an SF State graduate degree distinctive
- Letter of Reference from SF State faculty 1 of 2
- Letter of Reference from current or former faculty instructor 2 of 2
- Show 1 more