Peninsula del Rey Scholarship (formerly Monarch Village Scholarship)
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- * Scholarship will be awarded for the Spring semester
- Awarding Department: Gerontology
- Scholarship Intent: The Monarch Village Scholarship honors an internship student who exemplifies excellence in long-term care administration and a strong commitment to older adults living in independent senior communities manged by American Senior Living (ASL).
1) Students in one of the majors offered at SF State who have an interest in Long-Term Care Administration, and in an internship placement with Monarch Village or another ASL Community.
2) Gerontology students with an interest in Long-Term Care Administration are especially encouraged to apply.
- Major: Any
- Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Seniors, Senior, Grad: Masters, 2nd BA
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: HALF-TIME; Grad: HALF-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.3
- Contact Person: Dr. Darlene Yee
- Campus Address: HSS 242
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-3558
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://pace.sfsu.edu/gerontology
- Number of Awards: varies
- Amount up to $1000
- Public Affairs and Civic Engagement (PACE)
- Supplemental Questions
- Could you upload a coherent personal narrative which addresses the above stated scholarship intent and criteria? This narrative should also relate the applicant's background and specific interests in gerontology, and how the scholarship will be helpful with your career goals and aspirations. You have up to 500 words on two typed, double-spaced pages for this narrative.
- Please provide a copy of your most recent transcript. If you are a first semester student, please include your transcript from your previous college. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.