College of Science & Engineering Advisory Board Scholarships
CoSE Advisory Board scholarship is open to newly admitted and continue grad students and graduating seniors who have been admitted to the graduate program in the College of Science & Engineering. Recipients are encouraged to attend the CoSE Donors event in Nov 2021.
Will be awarded for academic year 2021-2022
- Awarding Department: Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth & Climate Sciences, Engineering, Geography & Environment, Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, Psychology
- Scholarship Intent: To support graduate students in the College of Science and Engineering who demonstrates a need for financial assistance.
1) Students must have completed 8 units or at least 1 semester at SF State by the time of application.
2) Demonstrate financial need.
- Major: Single: All majors in College of Science and Engineering – Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth & Climate Sciences, Engineering, Geography & Environment, Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, Psychology
- Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 4 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; SF State Grad GPA: 3.5
- Contact Person: Lannie Nguyen
- Campus Address: TH 308
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-7662
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://cose.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: Varies
- College of Science and Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- A short essay of 400-600 words words (must adhere to this limit on the word count) covering the following topics: a) your professional goals, b) reasons for applying for this scholarship, and c) your financial need
- A list of academic achievements and other activities in campus, community, or volunteer organizations. Can upload your CV or Resume.
- A letter of recommendations about your academic qualifications from your research advisor or professor. Recommendation must be received by application due date - Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
- A second letter of recommendations about your academic qualifications from a professor from SF State or from your undergrad/grad university. Recommendation must be received by application due date - Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
- Unofficial transcripts for all previous and current graduate and undergraduate work