SF Resident (formerly David & Cary Cassa Memorial Scholarship)
Science and Engineering
Current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are encouraged to apply.
Awarded in the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semester to undergraduate students in the College of Science & Engineering who has a current address in San Francisco. Recipients are encouraged to attend the CoSE Donors event in Nov 2021.
- Awarding Department: College of Science & Engineering
- Scholarship Intent: To support undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering who demonstrates a need for financial assistance.
1) Resident of San Francisco.
2) Must demonstrate financial need.
3) Upper division student (junior/senior) at time of award distribution.
- Major: Multiple: All majors in College of Science & Engineering
- Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomore, Junior, Senior; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 6 UNITS; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Lannie Nguyen
- Campus Address: TH 308
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-7662
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://cose.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- College of Science and Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you live in San Francisco? (if the address in your SFSU record doesn't reflect SF address, please be prepared to submit proof of SF address.)
- A short essay of 400-600 words words (must adhere to this limit on the word count) covering the following topics: a) your professional goals, b) reasons for applying for this scholarship, and c) your financial need
- One e-mail recommendations about your academic qualifications from a faculty at SFSU or previous institution (if you have just transferred to SFSU). Recommendation must be received by Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
- Upload a PDF of an unofficial current copy of your SFSU academic transcript