School of Cinema Scholarship
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship will be awarded for the Fall semester
The School of Cinema is pleased to offer an award to a full time cinema major:
The Departmental Award in Cinema this year will focus on completed work in Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access whether in service learning, advocacy and activism or in research and creative activity in the School of Cinema by a sophmore, junior or senior enrolled in Fall 2021.
- Awarding Department: School of Cinema
- Scholarship Intent: To award funds for the production of films and videos to undergraduate and graduate film majors in the School of Cinema at SFSU.
1) Must be film major.
2) Selection based on academic achievement, innovations and technical qualities of student’s film/video project.
3) Nominations are solicited from Cinema faculty for outstanding students in various areas of film production, such as screenwriting, sound recording, editing, experimental film, animation, etc.
- Major: Single: Cinema
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: 2nd BA, Masters, MFA
- Enrollment Status: Continuing/Currently enrolled SF State students
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 9 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad SF State or cumulative GPA: 3.0; Grad SF State or cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: School of Cinema
- Campus Address: FA 245
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1629
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: cinema.sfsu.edu/
- Number of Awards: varies
- Supplemental Questions
- A personal statement (typed, double-spaced, not to exceed two paragraphs) describing your project and explaining how your project contributes to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access.
- Please upload unofficial transcript
- Work sample from a project and/or a completed script (submitted via a Vimeo or YouTube link)
- Will you be enrolled full-time (12 units undergraduate, 9 units graduate) during the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022?