Joan Cummerton Social Work Endowed Scholarship
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
*Scholarship awarded for the Fall semester 2021 for only current continuing SFSU students when the scholarship is awarded *
Awarding Department: School of Social Work
Scholarship Intent: To provide two scholarships, one to a current SFSU student pursuing a Masters of Social Work, and one to a current SFSU student
pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work.
- 1) Both MSW and BASW current SFSU students currently enrolled in the School of Social Work are eligible.
- 2) Personal statement no longer than 3 pages (double space), to include the following:
*a) Evidence of a commitment to or pursuing research or studies in Feminist Theory and gender
- b) Active participant in civic engagement or service to organizations and institutions committed to gender
- c) Experiences and/or paid/unpaid work experiences.
- 3) Demonstrated financial need through FAFSA declaration.
- 4) University transcript (unofficial)
- 5) Resume
Major: Multiple: Social Work (MSW, BASW) Social Work-BA, Social Work-SB and Social Work-MSW.
Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomore, Junior, Senior; 2nd Bachelors: Grad: Masters
Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State University Students.
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 8 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: School of Social Work
Campus Address: HSS 222
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-1003
Web page: N/A
Number of Awards: Two
- Social Work
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write personal statement to include: 1. Evidence of a commitment to or pursuing research or studies in Feminist Theory and gender equality/equity 2. Active participant in civic engagement or service to organizations and institutions committed to gender equity 3. Experiences and/or paid/unpaid work experiences
- Please submit your resume
- Please upload your unofficial SFSU transcript
- Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident?