Office of Student Financial Aid
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students must enroll FULL-TIME (12 units undergraduate, 8 units graduate) during the 2020-2021 academic year to receive the scholarship
Awarding Department: Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship Intent: To provide financial assistance to continuing SF State students with financial need, demonstrated academic achievement, and community involvement.
1) Must have been enrolled at SF State at least half-time for the previous Fall and current Spring semesters.
2) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
3) Must apply for financial aid using the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the 2020-2021 California Dream Application.
4) Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA or the California Dream Application.
5) Must have a complete financial aid file in order to be considered for this scholarship.
Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters/Credential/2nd BA/PhD
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 8 UNITS
- *Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
Minimum GPA: HS GPA: N/A; SF State Undergrad GPA: 3.0; SF State Grad GPA: 3.5
Contact Person: Office of Student Financial Aid
Campus Address: One Stop – SSB
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132-4011
Phone Number: (415) 338-7000
Web page: http://financialaid.sfsu.edu/scholarships
Number of Awards: up to 60
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be enrolled full time (12 units as an undergraduate or 8 units as a graduate) Fall 2020 and Spring 2021?
- Write a personal statement in which you tell the scholarship committee about yourself. Address the following questions in your personal statement and give SPECIFIC examples. Statement must be written in essay format and must be AT LEAST 500 - Max 700 words. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME on your personal statement.
- What are significant factors or events in your life that have impacted your desire or ability to attend college? How have you contributed to your community and/or to SF State? Who has inspired you? What academic achievements are you most proud of? What are your educational and career goals?
- Did you or your parents graduate from a Hong Kong high school?
- If you answered YES to the question above, please provide OFFICIAL documentation (e.g., diploma) verifying this graduation from a Hong Kong high school by uploading your document below.