Philosophy Graduate Student Tuition and Fee Scholarship for Continuing Students
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year
Awarding Department: Philosophy
Scholarship Intent: To provide assistance and support to the educational advancement of students by awarding money to eligible graduate students in San Francisco State’s philosophy program.
Criteria: Eligible students are students who began the MA Philosophy program in the current Spring semester and SF State undergraduates who will be a Philosophy graduate student for Fall.
A. Must be on Academic Works:
1) Names of two SFSU graduate faculty who can serve as references for academic achievement;
2) Unofficial transcripts from the student’s prior degree program(s);
3) Unofficial transcript from SFSU and list of courses currently in progress;
4) Explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information that you think would be useful in evaluating your application.
*NOTE: *If applicants are already receiving a State University Grant, they may not receive this Philosophy scholarship in full during their first year. In this case, the award will be disbursed over two years. These students receiving their scholarship award over four semesters must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units during all four semesters to receive disbursement.*
Major: Single: Philosophy
Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Senior (SF State undergrads who will be Philosophy graduate student for Fall); Grad: Masters (students who began MA Philosophy program in Spring)
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: Philosophy Department
Campus Address: HUM 388
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415)338-1596
Web page: http://philosophy.sfsu.edu/financing-your-degree
Number of Awards: varies
- Varies up to $2,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a statement of purpose (no more than two pages) explaining your motivation for studying philosophy and your plans for further study. The statement should also include an explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information that you think would be useful in evaluating your application.
- Upload unofficial transcripts from your prior degree program(s), including SFSU.
- List the names and email addresses of one (of two) references who can provide you with a letter of recommendation. Reference One Here.
- List the names and email addresses of one (of two) references who can provide you with a letter of recommendation. Reference Two Here.
- I give permission the scholarship selection committee to examine additional materials in my application to graduate school (submitted to Cal State Apply) for the purposes of evaluating this scholarship application.
- Did you begin the Philosophy MA program in the current Spring semester of this calendar year (January to December)?
- Are you currently active in the SF State Scholars program?
- If you are active in the SF State Scholars program, were you or will you be enrolled in PHIL 696 in the current academic year (an academic year starts in fall, runs through spring and ends in summer)?
- If you are active in the SF State Scholars program, will have you completed 120 units and your SFSU GE requirements by the end of this upcoming summer?
- Show 4 more