Philosophy Graduate Student Tuition and Fee Scholarship for Fall applicants
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship will be awarded for the 2020-2021 academic year
Awarding Department: Philosophy
Scholarship Intent: To provide assistance and support to the educational advancement of students by awarding money to eligible graduate students starting San Francisco State’s philosophy program.
A. Must submit the following on Cal State Apply application:
1) 1 letter of recommendation;
2) unofficial transcripts from the student’s prior degree program(s);
3) writing sample (can be a paper from a class);
4) statement of purpose (no more than two pages) explaining your motivation for studying philosophy and your plans for further study.
B. Must submit on Academic Works:
Explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information that you think would be useful in evaluating your application.
NOTE: *If applicants are already receiving a State University Grant, they may not receive this Philosophy scholarship in full during their first year. In this case, the award will be disbursed over two years. These students receiving their scholarship award over four semesters must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units all four semesters to receive disbursement.*
Major: Single: Philosophy
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Applicants to the Masters program for the upcoming Fall semester
Enrollment Status: Entering
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: Philosophy Department
Campus Address: HUM 388
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415)338-1596
Web page: http://philosophy.sfsu.edu/financing-your-degree
Number of Awards: varies
- Varies up to $2,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a short statement describing your financial need and detailing evidence which may include but is not limited to FAFSA information (FAFSA not currently required). The statement should also include an explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information you think would be useful in evaluating your application.
- Upload unofficial transcripts from your prior degree program(s), including SFSU.
- List the name and email address of one reference who can provide you with a letter of recommendation.
- I give permission the scholarship selection committee to examine additional materials in my application to graduate school (submitted to Cal State Apply) for the purposes of evaluating this scholarship application.