Working Student Scholarship
Science and Engineering
Awarded in the Fall semester to undergraduate students in the College of Science & Engineering
Awarding Department: Science and Engineering
Scholarship Intent: To support undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering (COSE) who demonstrates a need for financial assistance and a working student.
1) Must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
2) Currently working a part time job and had one since their freshman year.
3) Cannot have a GPA higher than 2.85.
4) Students from underrepresented groups and first generation students encouraged to apply.
5) Student must be able to translate the protein sequences and genetic codes provided by the PI.
Major: Multiple: All majors in COSE
Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State student
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: cannot have a GPA higher than 2.85; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Lannie Nguyen
Campus Address: TH 308
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-7662
Web page: http://cose.sfsu.edu/scholarships
Number of Awards: varies
- College of Science and Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have a cumulative GPA of 2.85 or under?
- Are you the first one in your family to attend college?
- Upload a PDF of an unofficial current copy of your SFSU academic transcript
- Did you file FAFSA? If you haven't, you need to file ASAP or by September 30, 2019.
- Email Lannie at firstname.lastname@example.org for the genetic code and protein sequence that you must translate/deduce from. Upload the sheet that given to you with your answer here.
- Please upload proof of having a part-time employment/job since freshman year. Proofs can be in any or all of the following: pay check stubs, bank statement listing direct deposit from your employers, letter from your employer confirming that you are/were an employee and the duration, etc.
- Show 1 more