Scholarship Intent: The D. Phillip McGee Memorial Scholarship Fund will be used to provide scholarships for undergraduate students who will major or minor in an academic area in the College of Ethnic Studies.
1) Major or minor in Africana Studies, Asian American Studies, American Indian Studies, Latina/o Studies, or minor in Race and Resistance Studies.
2) Students must have leadership skills/community involvement.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
4) Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Application.
5) Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA or the California Dream Application.
Major: Multiple: Africana Studies, Asian American Studies, American Indian Studies, Latina/o Studies
Describe your commitment to developing your leadership skills and how you use these skills in the service of our communities. Relate this leadership and service to some portion of what you have learned in Ethnic Studies.
Upload your latest academic transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be a professor or community leader familiar with your academic, professional and/or community work. Please be sure to communicate to the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and give them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference.