Robert and Joyce Corrigan SF Promise Endowed Scholarship
Office of Alumni Relations
Scholarship awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year
Awarding Department: Office of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
Scholarship Intent: The San Francisco Promise Scholarships were established to recognize the academic achievements and potential of students who have graduated from the San Francisco Unified School District and to assist them financially with the pursuit of their education. The scholarship is available to freshmen students at San Francisco State University who have graduated from a SFUSD high school and have financial need as determined by either FAFSA or the California Dream Act application.
1) Must be a freshman who graduated from a SFUSD high school.
2) Must complete a FAFSA or CA Dream application and have financial need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream application.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
4) Scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years for full-time students who maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher at SF State. Scholarships are renewable beyond 4 years at the decretion of the administering department for students who continue to be enrolled and have a GPA of at least 2.5 working toward their degree.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Freshman; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 units; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
GPA: HS GPA: 2.5; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: S. Evrim Özer, B.S., ’00 & M.S., ’04, CFRE, CMP, Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
Campus Address: ADM 153
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-2217
Web page: http://sfpromise.sfsu.edu
Number of Awards: varies
- Up to $2000 every year for four years
- Alumni Relations
- Supplemental Questions
- Please tells us about yourself.
- 1. What are your academic and career goals?
- 2. Do you have any personal and/or academic accomplishments? If so, what are they?
- 3. Describe your involvement with high school activities or community service.
- 4. Describe any educational or economic challenges you face, particularly in meeting your college goals.
- Volunteer/Employment/Internship History: Please describe your employment, volunteer or internship history.
- 1. Organization's Name:
- 2. Please indicate whether this was an internship, a volunteer position or a job.
- 3. Please detail responsibilities in this internship, volunteer position or job:
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be graduating from a high school within the San Francisco Unified School District. Please select your high school from the list below.
- Please upload your current high school transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Teachers, advisers, supervisors and mentors are highly recommended. Please be sure to communicate to the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and give them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference.