SKAL International Scholarship
Scholarship will be awarded for the Spring semester
Awarding Department: Hospitality & Tourism Management
Scholarship Intent: To provide two $1,000 scholarship awards annually to hospitality student applicants.
1) Be a Young SKAL member.
2) Be a California resident.
3) Submit a copy of U.S. Passport or birth certificate or copy of Green Card
4) Submit resume, evaluation form and letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your field of study (other than Dr. Ergul)
5) Submit evaluation form and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you have worked for (if applicable). Industry must be related to your field of study.
6) Submit official transcript.
7) Submit an original two page essay (see essay questions below).
Major: Hospitality & Tourism Management
Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Sophomore, Junior, Senior; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad Cumulative or SF State GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Hospitality and Tourism Management Department
Campus Address: BUS 345
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-4149
Web page: http://cob.sfsu.edu/hospitality
Number of Awards: 2
- College of Business
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit your resume
- Please submit SF State unofficial transcript
- Please submit faculty recommendation letter
- Please upload recomendation letter from an industry professional (if applicable)
- Essay - Write an original two-page essay about: What segment of the industry your current program of study is focused on, What opportunities you are taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the Tourism industry, Discuss your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work internships, etc. and how they tie into your present and future goals, Goals - Where do you see your future potential in the industry? Cover any awards or commendations you have received relating to your field of study