Community College Transfer Honor Scholarship
Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year. Students must be enrolled full-time during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters to receive the scholarship award.
Awarding Department: Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship Intent: To provide financial assistance to incoming California community college transfer students who are a member of either the Phi Theta Kappa or Alpha Gamma Sigma honor society or the Community College campus honors program in recognition of academic excellence and financial need.
1) Must be entering Junior from a California Community College for the 2018-2019 academic year.
2) Member of your current Community College Phi Theta Kappa or Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society or Community College Honors transfer program.
2) Students with previous bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
4) Must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA or California Dream Application.
5) Must have a complete financial aid file by the deadline date.
6) A signed letter of recommendation on letterhead is required from a faculty member at your current Community College.
7) Submit a signed letter on letterhead from your honors society or honors transfer program adviser confirming your membership at your current Community College.
8) Submit unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges attended.
Class Level: Undergrad: Junior; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
Minimum GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Office of Student Financial Aid
Campus Address: One Stop – SSB
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-7000
Web page: http://www.sfsu.edu/~finaid/scholarships
Number of Awards: 2
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been admitted to SF State for Fall 2018 and will attend full-time (12 units)?
- Have you filed the 2018-2019 FAFSA application or CA Dream application?
- Request Confidential Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member at your CURRENT California community college. Letter must be on letterhead and signed. Please contact your reference provider to inform him/her about the scholarship you are applying for and the deadline date to submit the recommendation letter.
- Submit a letter from your honor society or honors program adviser confirming your membership at your CURRENT California community college. Letter must be on letterhead and signed. Please upload the letter.
- Submit unofficial academic transcripts from ALL Community Colleges and other colleges attended. Please upload the academic transcript(s) as one file upload.
- Write a personal statement of 500 - 700 words in which you tell the scholarship committee about yourself. Statement must be in essay format. Address the following questions and give specific examples: 1) How have you contributed to your community or college in the areas of diversity or leadership or service? 2) What are significant factors or events in your life that have impacted your desire or ability to attend college? 3) Who has inspired you? 4) What academic achievements are you proud of? 5) What are your educational and career goals?
- Show 1 more