Shereen Paff Special Education Scholarship
Health and Social Services
Scholarship will be awarded for the Fall semester
The Department of Child and Adolescent Development (CAD) is seeking applicants for the Shereen Paff Special Education Scholarship. This scholarship was endowed by Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Paff in memory of their daughter, Shereen. Shereen Paff earned a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education in 1971 from San Francisco State University (SFSU) and spent 25 years working and teaching in the field of Special Education. She specialized in visually impaired children and special education children in elementary schools and dedicated her life to helping children.
Awarding Department: Child & Adolescent Development
Scholarship Intent: In support of students studying in the Early Childhood concentration in the Child and Adolescent Development major.
1) Undergraduate senior in Child and Adolescent Development (CAD) at SF State or Master’s candidate, and studying in the Early Childhood Education program.
2) Demonstrate evidence of community involvement, with emphasis toward youth activity;
3) academic leadership;
4) Demonstrate financial need;
5) Devoted time and energy toward providing a quality educational experience for students with need;
6) Have focus on Special Education and have completed at least 18 hours of course credit in the Special Ed program at SF State with at least a 3.5 GPA in that program.
Major: Multiple: Child & Adolescent Development with focus on Special Education
Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Senior; Grad: Master’s Candidate
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 4 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: No
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.5; Grad GPA: 3.5
Contact Person: CAD Dept.
Campus Address: SCI 394
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-3509
Web page: http://cad.sfsu.edu/
Number of Awards: 5
- Up to 5,000 per applicant
- Child & Adolescent Development
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational goals and how will this scholarship help you to reach your educational goals?
- What are your career goals and how will this scholarship help you to reach those goals?
- Describe your community involvement that emphasizes your work with young children. Include the names and phone numbers of two individuals who can verify this experience.
- Describe your experience working with young children with exceptional needs and how you provided them with quality educational experiences.
- Why should you be selected for this scholarship? (Do not state financial need).
- Please upload a current resume.
- Please upload a financial aid statement (copy of SFSU form is fine).
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation (written specifically for this scholarship) from SFSU professors, preferably one from CAD and one from a Special Education faculty with whom you have taken a course. The letters should address your academic ability, character and other criteria.
- Please upload your first letter of recommendation. It should be signed and on official University letterhead. It may be uploaded as either a JPEG or PDF.
- Please upload your second letter of recommendation. It should be signed and on official University letterhead. It may be uploaded as either a JPEG or PDF.
- Show 3 more