San Francisco Chapter Society for Technical Communication Scholarship for TPW Students
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Funds will be disbursed in Spring.
Awarding Department: English
Scholarship Intent: This award is for students who are majoring, minoring, or pursuing a certificate in Technical and Professional Writing at SF State and have goals and achievements suitable and promising for a future technical communication career.
1) Applicants must be pursuing a major, minor, or certificate in Technical & Professional Writing.
2) Applicants must have completed at least three TPW core or skills-elective courses before Spring semester 2016.
3) Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 in the courses they have completed for their TPW core and skills-elective requirements.
4) Applicants must submit an undergraduate transcript (unofficial is okay).
5) Applicants must submit a personal statement (1-2 pages) that includes both a statement of achievements in technical communication studies and a statement of future academic and career goals.
6) Applicants must submit 1-2 short original technical writing sample(s), together totaling no more than 8 pages. Further details about the writing sample requirement are provided within the accompanying scholarship application.
7) Applicants are encouraged but not required to provide a current resume of relevant employment experience.
Major: Single: Technical and Professional Writing majors, minors, and certificates
Class Level: Undergrad: Upper Division(Junior/Senior); Grad: 2nd BA/Grad pursuing certificate. Applicants must have at least one full semester left before graduation.
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 1 UNIT; Grad: 1 UNIT
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.25 in TPW core or skills courses; Grad GPA: 3.25 in TPW core or skills courses
Contact Person: Neil Lindeman, TPW Coordinator
Campus Address: HUM 423
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-0493
Web page: N/A
Number of Awards: up to 2
- up to $500
- Supplemental Questions
- List current and future course information (use "Current and Future Course Information" form found on the English Department website (see "Scholarships" under Student Resources).
- Please upload an SFSU unofficial transcript here.
- 1-2 page personal statement which must include both statement of achievements in technical communication studies and statement of future academic and career goals.
- 1 or 2 short original technical writing sample(s): combined length of all sample(s) should be a maximum of 8 pages. Please attach a brief description of the audience and purpose of your development/production process, plus provide any other information that would help judges to evaluate your work.
- Attach current resume of relevant employment experience (optional).