Osher Reentry Scholarship
Office of Student Financial Aid
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2016-2017 academic year. Must enroll in a minimum of 6 units to receive the scholarship award
Awarding Department: Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship Intent: An annual scholarship for tuition assistance to reentry students with financial need between the ages of 25 and 50+ whose education have been interrupted and who now have resumed those studies.
1) Have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of 5 or more years.
2) Pursuing first baccalaureate degree.
3) Anticipate participation in the workforce for a significant period of time after graduation and are ideally between the ages of 25-50.
4) Must demonstrate financial need.
5) Show academic promise and commitment to obtaining degree.
6) International students are not eligible to apply.
If you have other sources paying your tuition (e.g., State University grant, Cal grant, fee subsidies), and you receive this scholarship, your other resources will be adjusted.
Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering and Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: HALF-TIME (minimum 6 units); Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Describe financial need in personal statement
Citizenship: Any (International students are not eligible to apply)
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Office of Student Financial Aid
Campus Address: SSB, One Stop Center
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132-4011
Phone Number: (415)338-7000
Web page: http://www.sfsu.edu/~finaid/scholarships
Number of Awards: Up to 25
- up to $2,000
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a detail timeline of your CUMULATIVE five or more years gap in your education. The gap does not have to be consecutive years. List the dates and the schools attended (e.g., high school, community colleges, 4 year colleges, etc.).
- Submit unofficial academic transcripts from ALL Community Colleges and other colleges attended. Please upload the academic transcript(s) as one file upload.
- Do you anticipate working a significant number of years after graduation? Please describe your career goals and career plans in your personal statement.
- Will you be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at SF State during the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters?
- Address the following questions in your personal statement and give SPECIFIC examples. Statement must be written in ESSAY FORMAT, typed, double spaced, 12 point with 1" margins, and must be at least 2 pages, but not more than 3 pages. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME on your personal statement. Please upload your personal statement below.
- What significant factors or events in your life have interrupted your education? What has impacted your desire or ability to resume your education? What are your educational goals? How do you plan to finance your education? Describe your "financial need". Describe your career goals and your career plans after graduation? **Renewal applicants** must answer this additional question: How did the Osher Reentry scholarship impact your academic success?