Jacques E. Johnet Trust Scholarship for Native American
Students may apply for one scholarship award per semester in an academic year.
- Awarding Department: American Indian Studies
- Scholarship Intent: The scholarship is awarded to aid in the academic achievements of Native American students, especially Cheyenne, enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate study at SFSU.
1) Applicant must be Native American which refers to a status of legal citizenship and/or cultural membership in an indigenous tribe/band.
2) Applicants must self-define as a person of Native American status through tribal/band and/or community affiliation.
3) Must maintain satisfactory academic standing, to be evaluated primarily but not only by their gpa. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly recommended. Students with a gpa below 2.0 will not be considered.
4) Must complete a Statement of Financial Aid.
- Major: Any
- Class Level: HS Seniors, Undergrad: Any; Grad: Any
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: FULL-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.0; Grad GPA: 2.0
Contact Person: Joanne Barker or Robert Collins
- Campus Address: EP 103
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415)338-7062
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Web page: https://sfsuais.sfsu.edu/jacques-e-johnet-trust-scholarship-native-americans
- Number of Awards: Varies
- College of Ethnic Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please identify your American Indian tribal or Alaska Native village affiliation (by descent or membership).
- In a maximum of 300 words, provide a personal statement that outlines your academic, career, and personal goals.
- Resume: Please list academic and relevant work experience history. Include any extra-curricular, community, or individual experiences that you feel will or have benefited your college experience