Willie L. Brown Jr. Fellowship
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Fellowship will be awarded for the fall 2023 semester
- Awarding Department: School of PACE
- Scholarship Intent: The Willie L. Brown Jr. Fellowship provides SF State students with an opportunity to gain professional experience in the public sector while developing a life-long commitment to public service.
Criteria: Applicants must:
1) have completed 60 units at the time of selection;
2) be available to intern 16 hours/week for 15 weeks;
3) enroll in internship seminar that meets once/week for 10 weeks;
4) complete application including 1 essay, contact information for 2 references (at least one from SF State faculty or advisor; if first-semester transfer student, provide the contact information for a faculty member or instructor from another institution you attended in lieu of SF State Faculty), and unofficial transcript;
5) have faced hardships in pursuing a college degree.
- Major:: Any
- Class Level: Undergrad: Junior, Senior; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- Minimum GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.0; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Fellowship Co-Directors
- Campus Address: HSS 210
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 405-3483
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: <https://pace.sfsu.edu/overview-willie-l-brown-jr-fellowship-program-san-francisco-state-university
- Number of Awards: varies
- Public Affairs and Civic Engagement (PACE)
- Supplemental Questions
- Write a personal statement of 1,000 to 1,500 words. The statement should be a coherent essay that describes: (1) your academic and career goals, including fields of interest, (2) any hardships you have faced in life and how they have shaped your academic and career goals, (3) your background and/or interest in working in the public sector, (4) your strengths and skills, and (5) how participating in the Willie L. Brown Fellowship Program will help you attain your goals.
- Upload ONE document that includes your college transcripts with GPA from each institution attended. Unofficial Transcripts acceptable.
- If you are selected as a finalist, are you available to attend one interview the week of April 17th or April 24th? Interview modality on Zoom.
- If selected as a Fellow, will you be able to participate in a 3-hour seminar on Friday mornings (9:30 am - 12:30 pm PST) at SF City Hall and/or via Zoom during the fall 2023 semester?
- If selected as a Fellow, will you be available to intern 16 hours/week at a city agency in San Francisco in the fall 2023 semester?
- Do you plan to enroll full-time in fall 2023?
- Please provide the name and email address for your first reference
- Please provide the name and email address for your second reference
- Where did you hear about the Willie Brown Fellowship Program? (please check all that apply)?
- If you answered "other" to the question above, please describe how you heard about the Willie L. Brown Fellowship below:
- Show 5 more