Willie L Brown Graduate Fellowship Program
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Fellowship will be awarded for the calendar years 2021 & 2022
Awarding Department: School of PACE
Scholarship Intent: To provide an opportunity for Willie Brown Fellowship public sector internship placements at City Hall for Master of Public Administration students; includes a two year supervised fellowship, with one year of internship placement at San Francisco City Hall and a second year of research supervision and development, peer monitoring and supporting undergraduate fellows.
1) Be admitted to and enroll in the Master in Public Administration program;
2) Matriculated students must be in good standing;
3) Matriculated student must have completed no more than 18 units towards degree before the first semester of the fellowship;
4) Must enroll in at least 6 units per semester for the full 2 years of the fellowship;
Major:: Public Administration
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
Minimum GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad Cum or SF State GPA: 3.0; Grad CUM or SF State GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: PACE
Campus Address: HSS 261
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-4129
Web page: http://dusp.sfsu.edu/wlbjfellowship
Number of Awards: varies
- $20,000 (disbursed over 4 semesters, beginning Spring 2021)
- Public Affairs and Civic Engagement (PACE)
- Supplemental Questions
- Write a personal statement of 1,000 to 1,500 words. The statement should be a coherent essay that describes: (1) your academic and career goals, including fields of interest, (2) your background and/or interest in working in the public sector, (3) how your background has shaped your academic and career goals, (4) your strengths and skills, and (5) how participating in the Willie L. Brown Fellowship Program will help you attain your goals.
- Upload ONE document that includes your college transcripts with GPA from each institution attended. Unofficial Transcripts acceptable.
- Please upload your current resume
- Provide the names, titles, affiliations, phone and email addresses for two references. If you are a current SF State student, at least one must be from a faculty member or official advisor (staff member) at SF State. If you are a first-semester transfer student, you may provide the contact information for a faculty member or instructor from another institution you attended in lieu of SF State Faculty.
- If selected as a Fellow, will you enroll in at least 6 units of graduate coursework toward the MPA degree in each of the following semesters: Spring 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Fall 2022?
- If selected as a Fellow, do you agree to enroll in PA 803 (internship seminar) in Spring 2021 and audit the AU 600 (Willie Brown Professional Development Seminar) in Fall 2021?
- In year 2 of the Fellowship (January - December 2021), will you engage in professional development, mentoring and research/fieldwork as required by the Fellowship terms?
- Where did you hear about the Willie Brown Fellowship Program? (please check all that apply)?
- If you answered "other" to the question above, please describe how you heard about the Willie L. Brown Fellowship below:
- What is your GPA from the last 60 units of completed coursework?
- Show 5 more