Estuary & Ocean Science Graduate Opportunity Scholarship
Science and Engineering
Scholarship awarded for Fall 2020
- Awarding Department: Estuary & Ocean Science Center
- Scholarship Intent: The Estuary and Ocean Science Opportunity Scholarship supports graduate student success in marine and coastal research and science engagement for students who have demonstrated financial need.
1) 1st, 2nd or 3rd year in a graduate degree program conducting research focused on topics in marine and coastal science who are mentored by faculty based at the Estuary and Ocean Science (EOS) Center.
2) Must have logged at least 15 hours of volunteer work with the Educational Outreach Coordinator for conducting science engagement work with EOS Center science outreach programs.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
4) Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Application.
5) Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA or the California Dream Application.
- Major: Multiple: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Climate Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Marine Science-MS, Interdisciplinary Marine & Estuarine Sciences – MS, Geosciences – MS, Geographic Information Science – MS
- Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Senior; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 1 UNIT; Master Thesis Completion: 0 UNIT
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
- Citizenship: N/A
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Cum or SF State Undergrad GPA 3.0; Cum or SF State Grad GPA: 3.5
- Contact Person: COSE/Estuary & Ocean Science Center
- Campus Address: Romberg Tiburon Campus
- Street Address: 3150 Paradise Drive, Tiburon, CA 94920
- Phone Number: (415) 338-3720
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://eoscenter.sfsu.edu/students
- Number of Awards: varies
- up to $2,000
- Estuary & Ocean Science Center
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit three statements (maximum of 500 words each) responding to the following prompts (repeated from critera listed above): 1) Describe the knowledge gap you aim to fill through your graduate research project and why it is important; 2) I am pursuing my graduate degree because I am passionate about…; and 3) I am involved with public engagement or community service related to environmental science or justice because…